Poster Comments


Above is my poster nearing the end. I lowered the saturation on the background image meaning the text stands out more. I moved Robbie further left, and had the two actors facing away from each other to emphasise the divide in opinion as seen in our trailer. As for the title, I used flares on the left side of each letter, making it stand out more from the other text and the background. Behind I used a black brush to blend the background images into black, so that the text sat nicely against it. The trickiest part was finding the correct fonts for the text. I found a billing block font online, but it was deciding the font for the actors names which was the hardest. In the end I want for a sleek middle thickness font which allowed for slight contrast to the title and catch phrase.  I used red and grey as colours so that the red stands out while the grey is still readable. I found that the use of white in a poster can sometimes look messy, as it is too perfect, where instead I preferred to use off white as seen in the text and the background to the left of Robbie. Another problem I faced was the large gap in the centre of the poster. I tried filling it with images of the female character, but the image just didn't blend well together. All in all I am pleased with how the poster looks at the moment, but there are just a few more finishing touches to add. 

EL