Poster Textures and Images

For the background skyline I used this image as seen below. I liked the blue sky and pale buildings with the bullet shaped building in the distant background. I overlaid this image with the image of Charlie on the ledge, cropping our all the negative space so that one image sat on top of the other image seamlessly. 



Below shows some grungy textures which I experimented with. I played around with overlaying it on images and text to create a more urban and grungy feel to the overall poster. I used 'screen' setting, whilst lowering the brightness and increasing the exposure to create a darker texture with no background. This is the same texture used over our reviews in our trailer, so I was keen to use this in my poster. 


The ink was very hard to shoot, with all sorts of reflections from the container and the slow speeds of the moving ink. We tried both red and black, giving the sense of blood and movement. I wanted to use this in my poster, as it played a major role in our trailer as it was the background for our title. Because of such, and as also seen in the mock poster, I wanted to overlay this with the text, so I created a clipping mask, meaning it overlaid the text without any excess colour. I used the red, as I felt it stood out nicely against the black, and I fiddled with the settings, lowering the contrast and putting a darker red hue over the top. This meant it felt more like blood and was much bolder in comparison to before. 



EL