Poster Idea 2

After analysing real media texts I began creating a mock poster for the real thing. I particularly like the Alex Cross poster, and wanted to achieve that urban feel. I used photoshop to create this first mock, and I used screenshots form the trailer as images for the poster, meaning they were not great quality, but it gave the poster an overall feel for what i wanted it to do. I used images of Charlie and Robbie, and cropped them out of the background. I created a double exposure, where Robbie fades into the image of  charlie on the ledge in the background. The background image itself was comprised out of a skyline image and an image of a ledge, putting the two together to make it look like Charlie is in front of the London skyline. I played around with colour and saturation, deciding that the black and white worked best, but I may change this later. A key feature throughout our trailer was the idea of ink running across the page, to an extent meaning to resemble blood. I wanted to capture this within my poster, and so tried two different methods of including the ink, one being it laid over the text, and the other having the colour run off the page into ink as seen as the bottom. My favourite is the ink over the text, which I will keep, as well as play with to get a darker red, more linked to the blood in our trailer.




EL